Thursday, December 27, 2007

Love Someone to God...


I’ve often thought that to SHOW love, we first have to BE love. Let me explain…

You’ve probably heard the saying, ‘Actions speak louder than words’; but do people really ‘act’? Do people really understand what it truly means to LOVE people first?

My friend Dave has come up with this profound revelation: ‘LOVE SOMEONE TO GOD’; a magnificent thought; perhaps absurd, but isn’t that what Jesus did? When He came to this earth, His whole purpose was to show the love of God; show the love of his Father, who choose, to send His ONLY son to this earth to die for us. He knew that his son’s fate was inevitable; He knew His ONLY son would have a dire death, but He still sent Him anyway; and Jesus accepted this destiny because He loved us that much, without even knowing us. What love? What grace and forgiveness? I’m baffled by this over and over again…

I often think that the least we can do is LOVE people without any conditions…because again, isn’t that what Jesus did all along? He didn’t even know us, but He died for us anyway…he LOVED us first…

Sometimes, words spoken from our mouths are needed; however, what a thought to LOVE SOMEONE TO GOD without saying a word…think about it…

1 comment:

Head vs Heart said...

Right on, my friend. Its all about the attitude of love behind a word or action. Its not blessed if your heart is focused on how YOU are giving and how it benefits YOU.

My brother in law is very blessed in fame and money - and every year he and his "fans" have a toy drive for St Jude's children's hospital. I know his heart - and I know he does this "gratitude" only for the LOOK of generosity. It makes me vomit, and at the same time, I pray that those children will be blessed by his giving, because I know his heart is not in the right place and he does not share the same prayer, except that HIS fame is exuded for his "good deeds." Its his "duty" as a celebrity to "give back." If he had $5 in his pocket, he wouldn't sacrifice it for someone else to fill their stomach. I've witnessed this in him. Its all about LOVING. God will bless a giving loving heart who expects nothing in return.

Be blessed my friend.