Monday, December 24, 2007

Does it Matter?

I recently read a profound excerpt in a book called Balcony People; it's written anonymously, but I think, it could register with EVERYONE...because sometimes, what EVERYONE needs, is someone…

I was hungry and you formed a humanities club to discuss my hunger.
Thank you.

I was imprisoned and you crept off quietly to your chapel to pray for my release.
Nice.

I was naked and in your mind you debated the morality of my appearance.
What good did that do?

I was sick and you knelt and thanked God for your health.
But I needed you.

I was homeless and you preached to me of the shelter of the love of God.
I wish you'd taken me home.

I was lonely and you left me alone to pray for me.
Why didn't you stay?

You seem so holy, so close to God; but I am still very hungry, lonely, cold, and still in pain.
Does it matter?

-Anonymous

4 comments:

Head vs Heart said...

Hi friend, this is an amazing excerpt. I love it. Hit home to me. Thank you for sharing!!

{Emily} Hey Sisters! Photography said...

Thank you for your comment! I am reading this book 'Balcony People' and this was the very first page of the book; I had to share it! Again, thank you for stopping by my blog!

Hermi said...

Where did you find the book?

I recently reinvented myself again, find me at ll2f.wordpress.com.

{Emily} Hey Sisters! Photography said...

Hey Hermi! Glad to see you're back! I actually received this book from a friend for Christmas...check it out...it's a real short book and it is quite intriguing! Look forward to reading your work soon! ~Em