Friday, September 12, 2008

The Power of Love ...


It’s amazing how love can change you …

When I was a kid, I remember moments when my parents were happy … truly happy …
And … I remember moments when happiness was far away … far, far away …

As I’ve gotten older, I’ve realized the ‘genetics’ or the ‘DNA’ that I’ve been given, and I’ve learned those good ‘genes’ and the not so good ‘genes’ …

I believe my parents did the best they could … they loved us and they tried to love each other …

I don’t blame ANY of my behaviors, choices, or actions on my youth, or my parents … however, I do recognize, from my youth, those things that I saw, those moments where life was all but a happy ‘American Dream’ … I saw in my parents relationship, what I didn’t want to become in those moments… I realized what I wanted to avoid when I met the person I would spend the rest of my life with …

When I met my husband … I thought the love he had for me and the love I had for him could help make me become the person that I always knew I could be … however, it wasn’t that easy when we said ‘I Do’ … I had to confront the very things I never wanted to admit were a part of me …

But … the amazing thing is … although life hasn’t been peaches and cream, and there have been many ups and downs, HIS love has changed me … it has made me a better person … it has helped me become that person that I wanted to be so long ago … sure, I’m still a work in progress, but aren’t we all?

Through the LOVE of my husband … I have learned and continue to learn how much God loves me … He gave me a man who not only loves me in the good times, but also in the not so good times …

So, in the midst of a world ‘falling out of love’ … realize that love … can forever change you, if you truly let it …

6 comments:

Hermi said...

Emily, I like that last line, "in the midst of a world falling out of love...". There are too many divorces, too many single parents I feel sometimes. I too feel so strongly about the love in a marriage relationship and how it teaches us about what LOVE is. I am so glad that you are in love with the love in your marriage. It does change us doesn't it. God's love is so WOW!

Anonymous said...

Hi Emily :]

I found your page through a link on ISF @ Audrey's blog. I love what you wrote here. It is simple but beautiful. Love is truly powerful, isn't it?

God bless you, your husband & family.

{Emily} Hey Sisters! Photography said...

Hermi, thanks for your comments and for reading! I truly am amazed at how love can truly change one's life ... I feel very blessed! Thanks for 'stopping by'! ~Emily

{Emily} Hey Sisters! Photography said...

To -glaize- ... THANK YOU for your comment and for reading! I couldn't agree with you more that love is indeed powerful, in so many ways! God Bless you and your family as well! Many thanks!!! ~Emily

Demara said...

it truly is amazing how just those 4 letters can change a person!

{Emily} Hey Sisters! Photography said...

Demara, thanks again for stopping by! And, I couldn't agree with you more!! Love sure is an amazing thing! God Bless!!!