Friday, August 22, 2008

A 'Puff of Air' ...

“I wonder why you care, God – why do you bother with us at all? All we are is a puff of air; we’re like shadows in a campfire”… Psalm 144 (The Message)

I read this passage from The Message a few months ago … for those of you NOT familiar with The Message, it's sort of an 'alternative' Bible ... written in layman's terms, to better understand the essence of what the Bible is trying to convey ... it's written in story format, and I would encourage any of you who just don't like to read the Bible, to try this out ...

Nonetheless, I’m not entirely sure why the excerpt spoke to me so deeply, but I just thought I’d post it here for pondering …

I guess you could say it’s a ‘realization’ of sorts … that I am nothing really … and the fact that God cares about me at all, is simply a miracle … I’m really a ‘puff of air’ that could be gone tomorrow … yet God still wants me here … He wants me here for a purpose … He still needs me, perhaps? He still needs you?

Not sure what you think about this passage, but it stirred up a little something in me … I hope it does the same for you … because no matter how big, or how small you feel, God still has you here for a reason … so embrace it … take leaps of faith and don’t be fearful of what you COULD become …

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Which is why He's worthy of our worship and praise. Even though we reject Him, He still likes us.

{Emily} Hey Sisters! Photography said...

Christian Ranter: Thank you for your comment ... it still amazes me that even when we are running, He still is right behind us, chasing us until He reaches us again ... how amazing He is! Thank you for stopping by! God Bless! ~Emily

Anonymous said...

Reading The Message Bible may give you "realization".

However if you were reading the KJV it would be "revelation." ;)

{Emily} Hey Sisters! Photography said...

mssc54: Thanks for reading and your comment! Will check it out! ;-)
~Emily

Demara said...

I know I too love the message, and thanks for the encouragement!

{Emily} Hey Sisters! Photography said...

Thank you Demara! Glad you like The Message too! It's rather refreshing to read it! Anyway ... thank you for reading and God Bless! ~Emily