Monday, October 1, 2007

Learning to Breathe…


I so often times take advantage of what I have. It could be taken in the blink of an eye…that absolute petrifies me, yet it makes me appreciate in abundance the amazing people in my life. My sisters are on top of that list…I am SO thankful that I have three of them…that they are all so unique in their own ways. They have their own opinions, their own causes, their own heartaches and pains; yet, when it comes down to it all, setting LIFE aside, there is this evident connection that all three of us share. I take advantage of that because I think, ‘there will be another day’, or ‘there will be another moment that we all will share’. Yet, how do I know that? How does anyone know that?

…Breathe…

I have two amazing people in my life that have lost siblings. They lost them at crucial times in their lives. Their connection, it seemed, was broken…their lives taken without an explanation. Why? I don’t know…I can’t answer that question when they ask…I don’t understand why people are taken from this earth when they are. I don’t understand why life must go on then, after, for those who are left here. I wish I could answer those questions. I wish I could take the brokenness away from them. I wish that I could do something…anything. In those moments however, I am reminded of what I do HAVE; what I still am so fortunate to have…and…as life ends, and new life begins, I’d like to think that we can be something for someone else. Sure…we can’t replace their lost sibling, but we can be their confidant, their friend, their sister or brother in spirit…and, in the end…those relationships that we are so auspicious to still have, especially those with our family, we can cherish those even more so than we did…we can embrace the moment and live each day like it was our last…taking each breath and making it matter…

No comments: