Wednesday, October 3, 2007

Hospitable LOVE?


Hospitality – Defined as what exactly? Why should we be hospitable?



I remember as a young girl my mom always tried to make our friends feel welcome, no matter if she thought highly of them or not. She always tried helping them in anyway she could as well. She just had a love for people, perhaps to just be accepted because her teenage years were plagued with turmoil and ridicule from her high school cohorts. Yet deep down, I believe she wanted to be the complete opposite of her parents. She wanted people to know that she genuinely cared for them. I think, that’s where I get it from. I have this innate desire in me to make people feel how everyone wants to feel: LOVED.

Why is that so hard for people?



God has made you, God has made me the way He has for a reason. For me, I want people to be treated fairly, the same as anyone else. Why do we discriminate? I think it’s a combination of things, but mostly, it’s ignorance. However, I’d like to think that deep down, inside each of us, we have a genuine need to be LOVED and to LOVE one another.



It’s amazing to me to know there is a God who loves us just as we are, right where we’re at. He accepts us, flaws and all, even when the ignorant do not. He loves us even when we don’t love Him back. He blesses us even when we don’t deserve His blessings. He forgives us even when we lack the strength to forgive. We knock and He opens the door, no questions asked. He accepts all, even after we’ve rejected Him. He returns to us, even after repeated failure. He gives us the strength to move ahead, to withstand the mayhem of a dying world. He LOVES unconditionally…


It’s a model we ALL should live by…LOVE, no matter what the cost…which I suppose, is the very definition of hospitable…

Hmmm…what a thought…

2 comments:

Hermi said...

What a thought in deed my friend. I love it. You bear the heart of God, and so easily.....

Anonymous said...

Asκіng questions аrе
truly fаstidious thing if you aгe not undeгstanding somеthing fully, however this piece оf wrіting presеnts nіcе unԁeгstandіng еven.


Feel freе tο ѵiѕit my blog poѕt - Used Bucket Trucks
Feel free to surf my web blog ; bucket trucks online