Monday, September 10, 2007

'Sweetly Broken'

Music SO many times in my life has been extremely therapeutic. I find solace in the musical compositions as well as the words that an artist is inspired to write and then sing.

I recently heard a song by Jeremy Riddle. I’ve never heard of him before, but I happened to be scanning through radio stations and heard ‘Sweetly Broken’. I must tell you, I was amazed by the lyrics, by the sincerity of the song.

The chorus is what moved me the most. It goes something like this:

“At the cross you beckoned me
Draw me gently to my knees
And I’m lost for words, so lost in love
Sweetly broken, holy surrendered”

‘Sweetly Broken’; what an amazing thought of how gracious God is. He breaks us, but brings us to a realization that he is more powerful than we can ever imagine. He is merciful and forgiving and loves us, right where we are at.

He has called us out of death and into life and we ARE ‘sweetly broken’ because of his grace and mercy. Thank God...

No comments: