Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Escape

Here is another poem for all you poetry lovers out there...

I wrote this a few years ago; and to be honest with you, I'm not entirely sure why I wrote this. I think it might have been one of those days that I just wanted to hide away, escape, and somehow, find a stairway leading to anywhere but here!

Nonetheless, it's just another 'point of interest' of where I was at, attempting to discover where I needed to go...

The escape of reality,
Your dreams; I find intriguing
Why we laugh
Why we cry, I find enlightening
The vastness of a bright blue sky,
Mountaintops drenched with snow, I find peculiar, yet marvelously created
Escaping your past
While uncovering your future;
What stimulates you to discover?
Do you dream to escape?
Do you wish to escape reality?
Dream…then escape.


Copyright ©2005 Emily R. Allison

No comments: