Thursday, September 13, 2007

My sisters and I...oh how I miss our younger years...

You know, when my sisters and I were younger, life seemed a bit more uncomplicated. It was fun; living with no responsibilities; our feelings were simply the love for each other, mixed in with the occasional fight or two, and our lives, thankfully, we knew, were connected forever.

Now, as we’ve all gotten older, chosen our separate ways and began our lives with our significant others, I’m reminded by those feelings that we once had when we were merely children.

The playful remnants linger in my mind as if they were yesterday, and I am reminded by the connection we all share.

It doesn’t matter who comes into our lives, or who walks out, it’s the bond that can’t be broken that provides hope in the struggles of daily life; we are sisters and despite our arguments in adulthood and the political views we disagree on, our lives are intertwined; and thankfully, that’s a forever too.

(In the picture, from left to right, my sisters, Elysia, Erin, and Melissa. That is my dad too!)

No comments: