Friday, September 5, 2008

A Lonely World ...


Being alone is somewhat of a nuance … it’s this ‘shade of grey’ that you can’t really tell where it ends … where it begins …

I don’t know if you’ve ever been ‘alone’ … or felt as if you were ‘alone’ … but I have to think that we’ve all been there at one point or another in our lives … perhaps it’s just a ‘feeling’ that goes away, or it’s a feeling that is always lingering …

I’m not entirely sure why we feel alone when we’re really not … but perhaps, it’s a feeling we must feel to truly understand it … and in return, understand why the world feels it …

4 comments:

Demara said...

aw i hope this time of feeling lonely subsides soon!

{Emily} Hey Sisters! Photography said...

Thank you Demara! Appreciate your words and comment! God Bless! ~Emily

Anonymous said...

When I feel alone, (even if there are people around me) I long for someone to take an interest in me, even if it's just for a few seconds...and accept me unconditionally. I wrote about loneliness this past Spring...one of the things that really helped was two different people I'd bantered w/ on line both said to me...e-mail me, instant message them...one even said, call them because I did have their #..just their offer to listen took 90% of the sting out of the loneliness...same goes for you...if you ever feeling that way...drop me an e-mail...! God has made all of us interdependent.

{Emily} Hey Sisters! Photography said...

DM ... thank you, tremendously! I think that's the key when you're lonely ... finding someone who can relate ... and just someone who cares enough to listen! It's funny ... I think loneliness is a mechanism to make us realize that 'God HAS made all of us interdependent'! Thanks for the comment and for the friendship ... I do appreciate, more than words can say! ~Emily