Saturday, August 11, 2007

Consuming...yet again...

So yesterday was just a bad day all around...usually Fridays are good; I think though I was just tired of working, tired of reading the news, and tired of my consuming thoughts...they puzzle me from time-to-time. I don't understand sometimes why I think the way that I do. Perhaps it's controllable? I don't really know...I once read a book by Joyce Meyer called the Battlefield of the Mind. It was a good book, but I can't seem to ever get it right..I've followed that book with selections written by Max Lucado and other inspirational authors...I read them with good intentions...attempting to pull from them what the author intended for readers to...yet many times, the words they write are a jumbled mess...not that I don't understand them...just that they consume my thoughts even more. Am I doing the right thing? Do I understand what it is the author, or God for that matter, is trying to tell me? Most of the time I don't think I get it right, but I do try...I still want to try...

The thing of it is...I want to matter, not to people, but matter to the One who has made me the way that I am...I lack in so many things, but God fills in those gaps...He gives us hope when we don't have it...He gives us faith when we lack it...He gives us patience when we have nothing left...He fills us up when we are empty...and He loves us even when we don't love Him back...

Amazing...consuming...

1 comment:

findingpurity said...

The one scripture I hold tight to about thoughts says to take all thoughts captive to renew your mind for the obediance for Christ. Easier said than done, but it wouldn't have been written if it wasn't possible right? You do matter to the One that created you Emily. Even the heart you pour into words on a blog shows that you have the heart of a woman of God. God is mysterious, we can't wrap our minds around it, He's just too big, but thank God for that. If I could figure Him out I'd be bored and my walk would be useless.