Monday, July 23, 2007

No sleep...BABIES too!

Hmmm...can't sleep again...

Anyway...thinking a lot about babies lately...yeah, me...babies! It's really weird to think about the idea of Jason and I being parents...It could be really a great thing, right?

Well...the idea of a baby is amazing in itself, I guess I just never imagined myself, being a parent. I suppose there is something innate in all of us, that desires to take care of something, hence, the motherly instinct and fatherly instinct...

The thing is...sometimes I think we are formulated to think that that is the course in which we should ALL travel...yet...what about those men and women who can't have children? It's not their fault...I really want to adopt, but am I 'missing out' if I can have my own children?

I suppose the way I look at it is that if God wants to bless us with a child, then that would be a wonderful gift...but if not, then I want nothing more than to give a child that doesn't have a mother or father, a home to call their own...that too, would be an amazing gift...

I don't know...sometimes I think I'm a little weird the way I think...UGH!

1 comment:

findingpurity said...

You are not weird, you are kind. It takes a huge heart to be a parent I'm sure, but even bigger heart to take on the ideals of another child already born from someone else. You have a generous and sweet spirit, don't be frustrated with ughs, be excited and joyful with shouts of praise to the God that placed this passion inside of you!!